I was in Redding,CA all last week for a Wildland Fire Behavior class. I'm in the process of becoming an IMET for the NWS. I found the class to be rather interesting and I got to spend a week in Redding. This was my first trip to the northern part of Sacramento Valley and I was impressed with how beautiful the scenery was. It was nice looking out of my hotel window and seeing Mount Shasta in the distance every morning. I also took my bike along to do some riding after the class each day. Steve (a cycling buddy) told me about a nice bike trail that started at Sundial Bridge. The bridge was neat to see and actually acts as a sundial, hence the name.
Here are some pictures I took....






2 comments:
Isn't that a cool bridge? I like the semi-transparent deck. Redding's really a nice place... except in midsummer!
IMET! That's awesome. Last fall I took S-130/190 and now I am certified to travel with our out of state wildland fire crew. I hope one day to get certified as burn boss to run prescribed burns here in NY. Maybe we'll meet somewhere on a fire out west, stranger things have happened...Nice blog, BTW.
Post a Comment