Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Beerfest!

Last weekend we went to the 6th annual Monterey Beerfest at the Monterey Fairgrounds. The organizers of the festival claimed there were 300 different beers to sample, but we beg to differ. The festival started at 12:30 pm and by 3 pm most of the beer stands were out of beer and closed down even though there were 2 hours left to the festival. Once this happened, it quickly turned to drunkfest as attendees rushed to the remaining booths. We did have a good time and tasted some good beers, but the crowd consisted of more drunks than beer enthusiasts.

Kate at the Firestone Walker booth











Matt sporting his IBRK4BEER shirt


2 comments:

Lina said...

Good luck on your first wildfire. I am looking forward to some awesome fire pictures.

Lisa said...

At the 5th Annual Beerfest, I was one of those drunks. I can't stand beer... They had a booth though with liquor/energy drinks, so we drank those. :)