I was picked to take part in a forecaster exchange program with a national center of The Weather Service. The national center I went to visit was the Hydrometeorological Prediction Center located just outside the beltway in Camp Springs. This was the first time I had been to DC since the field trips I took in high school. I managed to see some of the monuments and national sites around the National Mall. It just so happened that the Nationals baseball team was in town playing my old home team the Phillies. Tickets were pretty cheap with a discount for government employees so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to check out the brand new ball park. The game was a total blow out with the Phillies up by a lot in the 7th. I bailed after that since I had to take the metro back to my hotel. Not to surprisingly, I even managed to find some of the breweries in the area. Here are a few pics from my trip.
Until next time...
Matt
Friday, May 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment