What a weekend, I finished my second triathlon and Colin celebrated his eight month birthday. The triathlon I competed in is one of the longest running triathlons in the country and happened to be celebrating its 30th anniversary. The Wildflower triathlon has three events over two days with over 7,500 athletes competing. I competed in the shortest distance, which is called a sprint triathlon. There were roughly 85 competitors in my age group from 30-34 years of age and over 700 males competing in the sprint triathlon. I ended up finishing 17 out of 85 in my age group and 81 out of 700+ males. I was ecstatic with my results and most importantly had fun doing it. The swim was my best leg of the race and I think I was 7th or 8th fastest in my wave. (
link to a video of the swim start-not my wave but very similar ) If my mom were still with us I would definitely call her to thank her for driving me to swim practice and water polo practice; it definitely payed off. The best part of the day was having Kate and Colin there to cheer me on and see me cross the finish line. There's nothing like seeing your wife cheering you on as you start the bike course. I definitely couldn't have done it with out her. Thanks honey.
Until next time...
Matt
 |
| Matt's Swim Wave(powder blue caps) enters the water |
 |
| Transition 1 from swim to bike |
 |
| On the mountain bike |
 |
| Just crossed the line |
 |
| Glad to be finished |
1 comment:
Nice job Matt! And love the jersey too :)
Post a Comment