Sunday, September 07, 2008

Where it all started

I actually had the weekend off so we traveled south to Andrew Molera State Park for a picnic. It's pretty tough to beat sun, sand and a good food. Andrew Molera is where I proposed to Kate two Augusts ago, which made it nice to visit again. With work and all the wedding planning it was also nice to get 'away' and take a break for a little bit. It was cloudy in PG when we left, which isn't to surprising, but I had hope it would be sunny once we got south of Carmel. The sun finally came out just as we got to Andrew Molera. We saw some people swimming in the water, but I stuck my foot in and it was freezing. Needless to say, wet suits are required. We also got to see some of the burn scars from the Basin Fire, which is one of the fires I worked on.















Notice the black on the upper third of the slope. Fire camp was located at Andrew Molera and the fire burned pretty darn close to camp. Check it here.

















Until next time...
Matt

1 comment:

Chris said...

Hey! I've been there...