Saturday, December 10, 2011

Lunar Eclipse 2011

I'm still learning how to take moon and night sky photographs. The current lunar eclipse would provide a great opportunity to practice even more. However, the weather had a different plan as cirrus clouds moved overhead.  Needless to say I was a little bummed. In fact, when the eclipse was near totality the high clouds made it nearly impossible to shoot it.  I did however, get to see a nice sunrise.  I guess I'll have to wait until 2014 for another chance.
Practice shots of the moon before the eclipe

Cirrius clouds made for fuzzy eclipse
Nearing totality

Sunrise



3 comments:

Megan said...

cool shots! which lens did you use?

Dawn said...

You got some great pictures - I didn't have nearly as clear skies as you. I didn't even take my pictures off the camera yet, that's how unenthused I was about them.

Matt said...

@Megan I used my kit lens. The big moon pic is 200mm cropped iso 100 f5.6 speed was something like 1/1600 or 1/1000.