Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

What a great 1st Father's Day!  I got to sleep in a little as Kate watched Colin. The day started off with a tasty homemade brunch.  Everyone pitched in as I hung out with Colin on the couch.  We had fresh fruit, Belgian waffles, cinnamon french toast, bacon, coffee and orange juice. Kate's Aunt and Uncle have been visiting with us, so it was nice to celebrate with them as well.  After brunch , I installed our new bike rack for the Highlander with Kate and Uncle Paul's help.

The weather was fantastic, so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to go for a nice bike ride.  One last road ride before next weekend's triathlon. To finish the day we thought it would be fun to go to Japanese Steakhouse in Monterey with Hibachi style cooking.  In theory it sounded like a good idea, but Colin got scared from the very large flames and noises.  None the less, the food was pretty good.

I had a great Father's Day with family.
 
Wonderful Brunch

Happiest Dad in the World

Our chef making Kate's stir fry
Kate with Colin watching the chef

No comments: